Ailments and remedies
Inquiring about one's health
Describing symptoms of illness
Making polite requests
What's the matter? / What's wrong?
I have a/an ________.
She/he has a/an _____________.
You should ______________.
- Map of the U.S.
- Crutch (or long stick to lean on)
- Cloth to tie around head / cotton for a 'fake' swollen jaw
- Pill bottle
- Heating pad
- Ice pack
- Bandage for knee
- Handout #1: Ailments (one per student + one to cut out squares)
- Handout #2a: Ailments (more advanced vocabulary)
- Handout #2b: Ailments (more advanced pictures of ailments)
- Handouts #3a and b: Ailments (gap activityHandout #4: Giving advice / remedies
- Handout #5: Conversation between Jesus and the demoniac (gap activity)
- Ailments written on board before class time