Expressing food preferences
Agreeing and disagreeing with opinions
Polite requests using would
Prepositions of place (more advanced)
Would you please ________? / May I please have _____?
Thank you./Thank you very much.
Would you care for more? Yes, please. / No, thank you.
Thank you for the delicious (meal / lunch / dinner).
What is your favorite food?
Comparison of dining customs and table manners
- Food samples (realia!)
- Grocery store flyers (ideal-one per student)
- A personal letter (sample)
- Bowl of water, a small dish and a cloth
- Small dish to dry
- A small cooking pot with a lid
- Crackers and honey
- Tape for "Musical Chairs"
- A sample dinner invitation
- Small box with lid
- A drying towel
- Sheet or large table cloth
- Handout #1: Expressing food preferences
- Handout #2: Agreeing/disagreeing
- A small gift-wrapped package
- Individual food samples
- Nametags: Simon and Jesus