Asking for/giving information about holidays
Questions with there + short answers
Use of in and on with calendar expressions
Comparative/superlative forms of adjectives
Is there a holiday in [month]? Yes, there is. (or) No, there isn't.
When is [name of holiday]?
[Name of holiday] is in [month] on the [ordinal number date].
I like _____ best because ______________________.
("because" response for more advanced learners)
- Foods for the "Taste Stations" (each of them numbered)
- Hammer and nail
- Pictures and/or props representing the seven holidays in this lesson
- Small candies or pieces of gum for prizes
- Current calendars showing U.S. holidays (one for every pair)
- Cook pot with a few vegetables
- Book to study
- Suitcase and a few garments to fold
- A spoon and a bottle of medicine
- Handout #1A: Crossword Puzzle (Teacher's Copy)
- Handout #1B: Crossword Puzzle (Students' Copy)
- Handouts #2A and #2B: Information gap with Holiday Calendar
- Handout #3: Timeline of U.S. holidays
- Handout #4: Blank holiday calendar
- Handout #5A: Origin of Passover (Teacher's Copy)
- Handout #5B: Origin of Passover (Students' Copy)