Transportation / travel
Identifying types of transportation
Describing childhood experiences
Asking for/telling time
Interrupting to ask for the time
Inquiring about times for arrival and departure
Questions with what/when
What time is it? It's ______ o'clock.
When does ____ arrive/leave? It arrives/leaves at ___________.
When you were a child, did you ever ___________?
Yes, I did. / No, I didn't. (more advanced only)
Modes of transportation
- Pictures of various types of transportation
- Paper plates, brads, pens, and construction paper hands for clock (Students make their own!)
- Demonstration poster board 'clock' with movable 'hands'
attached with a brad; and with two different colors to represent after and 'til
- Apple and paring knife
- 2 rags (1 clean, 1 dirty)
- Airline ticket (used is fine!)
- Boarding pass (used!)
- Map of the host country
- Authentic flight schedules
- One bar of soap
- World map or globe
- Seed and a small container of dirt
- Handout #1: Information gap with clock time
- Handout #2A: Chart of flight information (for novices)
- Additional copies of Handout #2 but with everything blank
- Handout #2B: Flight Information (more advanced only)
- Handout #3: Did You Ever . . .? (more advanced only)
- Names of cities on the classroom walls
Previous Lesson- Previous Section- Contents- Next Section- Next Lesson
Back to the Top- Home