Using cardinal and ordinal numbers to talk about the calendar
There is / there are
Questions what/when/where/how many
What is your favorite _______? Why is it your favorite?
How many ________ are in ________?
What is today? Today is ___________.
When were you born?
Where were you born?
- Pictures of babies
- A birthday candle for each student (if possible)
- Calendar (preferably one with colorful seasonal pictures)
- Birthday cake, hats, and whistles (and/or birthday pictures)
- Birth announcement
- Real baby, a picture of a real baby, or a doll with a receiving blanket
- Nativity set (if possible)
- Coat, umbrella, and sun hat
- Koosh ball
- Handout #1: months, days of the week
- Handout #2: months in squares to cut out
- Handout #3: jumbled words, missing letters, scrambled letters, and questions re: days of the week
- Handout #4: cardinal and ordinal numbers
- Handout #5: birthday interview
- Handout #6: calendar expressions
- Handout #7: "In Bethlehem" (jazz chant)
Previous Lesson- Previous Section- Contents- Next Section- Next Lesson
Back to the Top- Home